- Round Up! : Footenotes on What does Facebook censor?
- Valentine’s Round-Up : Footenotes on Stealth campaign against Obama
- We’re Getting There Round-Up : Footenotes on Vintage ads on vintage train
- Ante-Thanksgiving Round-Up! : Footenotes on Shepard Fairey, Obama and Occupy
- Footenotes » Blog Archive » iRound-Up 10/9/11 on 70′s Style!
Tagsartwork behind-the-scenes brand branding co-opting consumer-misbehavior demographics display flim guerrilla hoax humor in-the-background lawsuit Lets-not-think-this-through marketing mental health New York City no-space online politics print product PSA race retro sex social-media stealth street-art video viral
Someone, probably OWS (Occupy Wall Street) related, commandeered a few phone booth ad displays.
leads to this
Late Beastie Boys member Adam Yauch has used his will to stop people from using his music or image in advertising.
The will was filed at Manhattan Surrogate court in New York earlier this week leaving instructions from the pioneering rapper, also known as MCA.
It read: “Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, in no event may my image or name or any music or any artistic property created by me be used for advertising purposes.”
Yauch died of cancer in May aged 47.
His will leaves his $6.4m (£4.1m) estate to his widow, Dechen Yauch, and their 13-year old daughter, and gives Dechen the right to sell and manage his artistic property as the executor of the estate.
The phrase “or any music or any artistic property created by me” was added in handwriting, according to Rolling Stone magazine which has seen a copy of the document.